Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We are experiencing technical difficulties...



Tonight I finally had some time to come home and lay down some guitar tracks on the song I've been working on. I get my amp all set up, I plug it in, I record a couple of times and each and every time it sounds wrongity wrong wrong WRONG. While I can point out my own shortcomings, it's not my playing. It's the fact that I've never had my own amp before, much less one with this many customizable options, and I have no clue what I'm doing. In order to make this amp sound really good, I have to install a pile of software and fiddle- this terrifies me. So I have to borrow one of my musician friends again to get that going. Je m'excuse, I had every intention of finishing the song today.

In the meantime, please accept this little sample of what the vocals sound like: CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I was like, "that bass is NOT you!" then I began moving my head back & forth between the speakers until I could distinguish the octaves, and it was like, Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my voice can go suspiciously low, though this song is about as low as I can go. I was straining a bit in parts if you listen to JUST the lowest harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've emailed this link to my Dad, hopefully you get updating soon! (And also, the teaser sounds FANTASTIC!)

    ReplyDelete